What is SLP?
Startup Leadership Program (SLP) that took birth in the year 2006 has come a long way. Polishing Startup CEOs to be amongst the world’s best on the completion of their advanced, personalised experience; by training them and making them more competent, is how they work towards achieving their mission.
As a part of SLP’s global presence with over 1300 fellows, 1000 startups and $400 million raised to date, the Hyderabad chapter started in 2011 and has members from various sectors such as tech, live sciences and clean-tech, since it’s inaugural class. The program is spread across a 6 month period with 10 classes held on every second Saturday of the month from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
With an accomplished faculty comprising of entrepreneurs, VCs and specialists, Startup Leadership follows a pioneering curriculum that is pertinent to the business ecosystem today. It encompasses simulations, exercises, panel talks and discuss cases from relevant journals to keep it practical. This highly selective program sets itself apart from a regular business school by making each session highly impactful and not limiting themselves to generic learning or material that is just off the web and other books.
On Being a Mentor
When I was first introduced to the program, I was told this is similar to an MBA program, just that they don’t hand out an official degree. My excitement surged to another level and geared up even further when, on checking the stats of the previous batch (2014) I saw, 19 out of 20 people were actually CEOs! That. Enough said.
- Being a passionate entrepreneur, I resonate with the vision of SLP and thus take pride in being a part of a movement that aims to strengthen the presence and expanse of startups in cities which possess the craft and have a flare for entrepreneurialism.
- The motivation and the immensity of knowledge that exists in the sessions makes me see a glimpse of the abounding team of the finest CEOs that can result from this program. The exchange of views, ideas, solutions for various problems runs parallel to a program run at an educational institution. Here, people come with a view to be the masters of their fate unlike what business schools push you towards, towards finding a fit in an organisational hierarchy and to serve till you rest. I feel it’s the same felicitation that you receive from SLP or any business school.
- At the end of the program, I’ve seen a radical shift in the outlook and the strategic focus of the entrepreneurs who take a pathway that channels their thought-process and alters their personalities. Being open to ideas and releasing the value of deadlines and time enhances their overall lifestyle as well. And the results of productivity are well applauded.
- I see this as a win-win situation for both, the members who benefit from the program and for myself, as I only learn more with each session. The level of interaction and the closeness with which I get to see what goes into making a successful business is incomparable. The audiences are like my value-based lens who bring in clarity and valuable insights.
- I see the provision of this platform for CEOs across the globe translating into a solution database for any issue. Brainstorming and collectively working together, creates a pool of opportunities and answers that can be deployed to growing complexities and problems. Advice on practical nuts and bolts of the company can be given over a casual talk which brings in no less positive return! It’s truly an adventure!
- At the end of 6 months is when you realise the level of interrelatedness and the depth of your network and contacts. A direct link and people like yourself are a touch away without any bounds. I feel this is one of the best outcomes.
The program starts on September 1st and ends on February 28th. Applications close of the 1st of August.
To celebrate diversity, to realise you are not alone in the making and to give success a bigger chance, SLP is worth that try! The programs
Connect With Me:
SLP Admissions for 2015-2016 are OPEN. Checkout more details below.
You can gather more information about SLP from http://startupleadership.com/
For Hyderabad chapter info and updated events please like the page below
You can apply to Hyderabad SLP 2015 – 2016 program using this link
If you need some more info about SLP, contact:
If you want to talk to SLP admission team here is the contact info.
Quick presentation: 15 reasons to join the Startup Leadership Program