VIRTUAL RAASTA – The new age magicians in healthcare and life sciences sector.2 months ago Bhavitaavya Dharanikota
It has been said that next to hunger and thirst, our basic human need is for storytelling. That is how we tell each other our joys and sorrows, where we come from, who we are and what we want to do. It’s how we know each other. It is through these stories that we build nations out of land and build heroes out of men. Raasta harnesses this power of a creative story to help their brand stand out. Adopting this cutting-edge technology as an addition to their filmmaking skills, Raasta Studios has a dedicated virtual reality business unit named Virtual Raasta.
With a vision to take up the VR/AR world by a storm, Virtual Raasta was founded by virtual reality fanatics in July 2018. Taking extreme pride in their 360° video productions, augmented reality, virtual reality and mixed reality products and services that are unrivalled in India; They are the new age magicians.
Nearly a year after its launch, Virtual Raasta showcased what it called ‘The future of healthcare’ using the BioAsia 2019 summit as its platform where it brought in a new dimension and perspective to the healthcare and life sciences sector, in an interactive, immersive way. They set up an experience zone for the visitors using a combination of AR, VR and 360-degree videos to showcase the possibilities through Head Mounted Devices (HMDs) like Oculus Rift, Odyssey and HTC Vive as well as handheld iPad and Android Phone, which they plan to deploy to various life sciences and healthcare companies.
“Our mission is to harness new technologies such as AR and VR and redefine healthcare. Using AR, health care providers can now be trained on how to conduct surgeries, and educate patients on post-surgery care in a visual mode. And this is just one of the areas where AR/VR can play a vital role in the effective delivery of health care” says Prem Kumar Vislawath, founder of Virtual Raasta.
Using VR, Virtual Raasta hopes to simplify patient care, where doctors can understand the patient better and make the doctor-patient relationship more interactive through VR. Its solution can also help in primary patient care and nursing. The experience zones set up received an overwhelming response from the visitors.
1. Educational AR Experience: This iPad based AR application provided a virtual view of the human anatomy. This can be used in educational institutions where the students can move and view individual layers/organs/parts. The content viewed can be customised as per individual requirement. This is highly effective for patient education, hospitals, medical colleges, and pharmaceuticals.
2. Interactive Lab training through VR: The VR experience for lab-based process training for Cell counter is an Interactive and immersive experience that has been designed as per lab specifications. The instructions are at each step in both visual and textual form. They can be customized for specific processes as needed. This is highly useful for training in labs.
3. Virtual Training for Nursing Practitioners: This dealt with the primary care of capturing the patient vitals, training. This is an interactive training process for prospective nursing practitioners which included Virtual content that can be extended for various cases. It also has an EMR view with the patient data management. This is repeatable and scalable for large organizations and has standardized content as per SoP.
4. Internal Virtual Journey for Patient Education: The VR experience for patient education the patient on the impact of a specific drug for a life-threatening disease. This helps to see the internal changes in the body for drug application and is highly effective when compared to verbal communication. This can also be used by pharmaceutical companies to train medical representatives.
5. Gamified interactive Virtual experience for personal traits assessment is an individual gamified experience that captures data of interaction points of the user in the environment and creates a summary of the assessment of specific traits of the player. A real-time report is created at the end of the experience. Highly useful for hiring, internal promotion, lateral movement of employees.
For more information and support, visit www.virtualraasta.com