Today digital marketing is not a unique way of marketing, it has become a basic need for marketers in order to be able to connect with its existing and prospect customers. Digital marketing is an umbrella under which it covers –
- Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Influencer Marketing
- Campaign Marketing
- Content Automation
- E-commerce Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Social Media Optimization
- E-mail Marketing
According to information on Wikipedia – The term digital marketing was first used in the 1990s, but digital marketing has roots in the mid-1980s when the SoftAd Group, now ChannelNet, developed advertising campaigns for automobile companies, wherein people would send in reader reply cards found in magazines and receive in return floppy disks that contained multimedia content promoting various cars and offering free test drives.
Though this world had its roots back in the 1900s, this form of marketing became more sophisticated and took proper shape only in the 2000s. It was only 2000s that things like proliferation of devices, and capability access. Digital media today, has led to great growth of digital advertising. Statistics produced in 2012 and 2013 showed that digital marketing is still a growing field.
If you have still not adopted this fast growing industry’s advantages into your regular marketing, these here are 5 reasons that will motivate you to become a part of the digital marketing industry –
- This industry is cost- effective. It requires no extra equipments nor does it require lot of funding. It just requires use of latest technology and someone who knows how to use it. Digital marketing is the future of marketing, and the sooner you adopt it, the better for your business
- You do not need to go on site to use this type of marketing. Digital marketing can be done from anywhere, by anybody and at any time. The best thing is, it reaches out large audience at once, with minimum investments.
- As you all know, digital marketing is a type of marketing which uses internet. The advantage here is that you get a global client list and can reach out to anyone and everyone. Geographic boundaries do not apply to this industry, and that’s the best part! The whole world is your market and there is a better possibility of getting more clients
- Online marketing is easily measurable. You get details analysis of all your marketing strategy’s metrics immediately – how successful it is, how many customers viewed it. You can also get graphs of how your online strategy has been working all this while
- The digital marketing industry is bound to expand. It is the new age Yellow Pages. It is the medium that puts the marketer in the middle of the consumer’s purchase psychology funnel
- It allows you to get immediate customer feedback and eliminates the need for sales person or middle men in your business
- Digital marketing is never a waste of time or money. It enables you to reach. It will enable companies to reach out to only those who are genuinely interested in your product or service. This will accelerate the trend toward use of behavioral targeting and retargeting in online ad placement
So move out of the traditional marketing and spend your time on the new age marketing. Digital marketing is the in thing. You can delay its acceptance, but cannot ignore it. So adopt it soon so that you learn its trend sooner. You can also hire freelance digital marketers to help you understand this industry. Once you get a hang of it, you are free to use it to your discretion!