Startups across sectors are booming. When we say ‘across sectors’ we literally mean it! The food tech startups and new firms in the arena of AgriTech are making it really big. With 4.5bn people in a fragmented region, Asia – Pacific (APAC) needs a more developed innovation ecosystem to address local challenges, such as its lower per capita GDP, vastly varying geographies, and evolving food consumption patterns. To make this growth bigger and better than ever before, ID Capital Pte Ltd has come up with one of its kind – ‘Future Food Asia Awards’.
About the event:
Future Food Asia is the first-of-its-kind platform for Agtech and Foodtech innovations in APAC. In partnership with multinationals, government organizations, startups and research teams, they are building an integrated innovation network. In continuation, the organizers are looking for agile startups to innovate and disrupt the food value chain.
ID Capital is an investment and consulting boutique firm founded by Isabelle Decitre and headquartered in Singapore. Over the course of the last two years, ID Capital has screened and sourced 100 Agritech/Foodtech deals and has been actively involved in the closing of two Venture Capital investments in this sector.
Who can participate?
If your startup fulfills the below crietrias, be a part of these awards TODAY!
- Technology beyond proof-of-concept
- Raised approximately USD 250 K in seed capital
- Team has good English proficiency
- Operations exist in Asia Pacific
- Business falls within FFAA’s sector categories
Why to participate?
By being a part of this unique awards event, you will get –
- To meet financial and impact investors: Have access to a qualified deal flow of startups. Understand agri-foodtech investment landscape
- Network: Develop your network in an efficient manner. Meet targeted investors and strategic partners
- Get working: Get closer to industry needs. Steer your research efforts towards actionable results
- Get competitive advantage: Stay ahead of your competition with open innovation – leverage new ideas from agile startups
- Exposure: Gain exposure to frugal innovation, and reinforce your competitive edge
Prizes and awards:
Winner – $100,000 USD
All finalists will be invited to present at the Singapore Award event in May 2017, to an international audience of multinationals, investors and government organizations. Selected entrants will also be exposed to multinational corporations.
Start-ups will have to fill up the FFAA application forms and upload a presentation and supporting documents (such as letters of intent, product brochures, commercialization etc). Once submitted, the FFAA team will evaluate the entries for: • Proprietary technology and innovativeness, • Implementation of business model, • Product distribution within its channels, • Overall competitiveness of the start-up business within its value-chain, • Capabilities and track record of the management team, • Path to financial sustainability.
Shortlisted start-ups will be presented to our jury, and finalists will be invited to present at the event.
- January 2017 – applications begin
- February 2017 – Jury Panel Disclosed
- March 31st 2017 – Applications Closed. The applications will close by 5PM (Singapore Time)
- May 2017 – Finalists announced and Award Event and Conference