GW Startup Sports Day3 years ago Guest - Ankur Singh
For startups weekends usually means either extended work, hustling, pitching session or attending networking events across the city. But for rest of the world it means Friday night Party, Movie on Saturday, Sunday morning cricket match, lazy Sunday afternoon or a weekend getaway. So are startups deprived of recreation?
May be not, at startup we are just passionate about one thing “living for our dream”. A dream to simplify this world with our innovation and effort. Day in and day out we breath, sleep and live what we believe in. Startup off course is a marathon, but you don’t sprint a marathon. Hence we need to take a break guys, at least one weekend in a month. Let’s give some rest to our mac books, our phones and for once let’s stop thinking about networking events, investors and valuations.
This Saturday evening, 5th March, let’s indulge in some serious fun, let the excitement and the adrenaline rush take us over. Groundwala.in brings an opportunity to play some serious sports and rejuvenate exclusively for startups. Inviting the whole startup community of Hyderabad for “GW Startup Sports Day” a different kind of startup gathering on 5th Mar 2016. Participate and show the world that startups also invest in recreation.
- Championship will be of multiple sports 8-a-side cricket, 7-a-side football and volleyball and will be played under lights.
- All startups and startup aspirants of Hyderabad are invited to register in the event (both boys and girls can take part)
- Individuals as well as team registrations are invited. Startups can form their own teams of 10-12 members or GW can help forming a team.
- The four teams will play in knockout ties across all three sports.
- The team wining maximum sports titles will be declared the Champions.
Cricket: Cricket matches will be played with soft tennis ball with 8 players and 8 overs a side. Both boys and Girls are invited to participate in the match.
Football: Football match will be with 7-a-side (Plus 3 rolling) and game time of 20 min; each half of 10 min with break time of 5 min.
Volleyball: Volleyball match will be played under official rules of volleyball 6-a-side format on sand court.
Prizes: Winners of course will not raise funds here, but what they do get is cash prize, trophies and some good media coverage.
When: 5pm to 10pm, Sat, 5th March 2016.
Where: Cyber Sports, Madhapur, Hyderabad
Fees: Rs 350/- per member
Register here: goo.gl/u74fUA