Hackathon on Smart Cities and Villages by NASSCOM-ERNET CoE2 years ago Sravya Gowrisetty
They say, “When you have a problem, dig into the roots and do not stare at the leaves!”
We are witnessing the same at this point in the country where the government has brought in three flagship initiatives, Make in India, Digital India and Skill India. Be it robotics, fitness bands, electric scooters, lechal pods, home automations, wearable technology or automobile diagnostics, Indian hardware startups have been scaling great heights everyday.
NASSCOM-ERNET CoE is conducting a Hackathon on Smart Cities / Smart Villages at the prestigious ICANN Conference on 3-4 November in Hyderabad. This event will focus on working professionals and start-ups and the event promises immense learning and fun.
For fellows belonging to all genres, the Hackathon provides learning and implementing. For hardware entrepreneurs, prototyping their ideas becomes easy. For problem solvers, sharing ideas with like-minded people help getting better solutions. For hobbyists, it is a great place for lots of learning and fun.
Hackathon concentrates on many areas such as, Health, transport, environment and disaster, citizen services, security, smart homes, rural development and agriculture.
Hence there is no more waiting. Grab up the sleeve and start filling in the application forms.
Important dates to remember:
- Online applications are open from 8-10-16 to 20-10-16.
- Short-listing of ideas – 22-10-16.
- Boot camp – 28-10-16
- Event dates – Starts on 3-11-2016 at 11.00AM and ends on 4-11-2016 at 8.00 PM
For the best teams,
- Winning teams will be felicitated by Union IT Minister at ICANN conference inaugural. Cash Prize of Rs.1,00,000 to Winning team, Rs.75,000 to First Runners-up and Rs.50,000 to Second-Runners-up.
- Incubation of top three teams with full access to NASSCOM Warehouse resources, mentoring with NASSCOM COE and free participation of NASSCOM events, all for six months.
This is nothing short of an opportunity knocking your door. Please open the door or else you might be missing the most challenging phrase of your lives.