Helping Hands 4 Poor (HH4P) – Changing the Lives of the Disadvantaged3 years ago Ambica Ayla
Hyderabad – One of the fastest growing cities with IT services and the hotspot for investors around the globe. The other side of the coin is something we never bother about. The city is becoming hot hub for the needy and destitutes. It’s unfortunate to find people who are devoid of basic necessities such as food, water, shelter and medicines. A little help to them would go a long way in improving their lives.
With a similar purpose and passion for serving people, Mr. Ajay Veesam started a FaceBook page inviting people to help the needy. Few interested people not just liked the page, but built a team of 10 in Hyderabad. With the zeal to serve the deprived the group initiated a non-profit startup by sponsoring scholarships for the school children. In August 2011 the organization had taken shape as ‘Helping Hands 4 Poor’.
Mr. Ajay initiated this project as he believes in changing the lives of people irrespective of caste, race, religion or politics through various development initiatives such as providing medical support by conducting general health and eye check-up camps in backward villages, education for orphans and needy children, assisting disabled children, self-employment programs for orphan girls, establishing water purifier plants in fluoride effected villages, environment awareness programs and training & capacity building programs for all the target groups.
HH4P reaches out through various programs:
- Village adoption
- School adoption
- Help the visually challenged
- Blood donation
- Support to underprivileged
- Save planet
- Self employment training
- Special events
Here are some of the projects taken up by HH4P:
1) HH4P arrange scribes for the visually challenged by assisting them in writing their exams. So far they arranged scribes for Class 10, intermediate, undergraduates and also various other competitive and bank exams in Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Warangal,Guntur ,Vizag and also in Bengaluru.
2) Sponsor a Student (SAS) is aimed at helping the under privileged students from rural villages by providing them school supplies.
3) HH4P is trying to sensitize people towards our ecosystem through its ‘save planet’ project. The project includes tree plantation drive, environment awareness programs and rallies.
4) HH4P conducts Health & Medical Camps in assistance with the local healthcare professionals to provide medical care to hundreds of people who would otherwise not be able to afford treatment
5) HH4P welcomed the new year by with the children getting treatment from cancer at the MNJ Cancer hospital. Over 30 volunteers attended the event and performed skits, songs and dances.
HH4P welcomes people to contribute their skills, time, talent and experience through their Volunteering opportunities. At HH4P, the focus is on ability, empathy and empowerment to support each individual.
For more info, check out their website: http://www.hh4p.org/