Hyderabad based KIOT making new strides in IoT8 months ago Sravya Gowrisetty
KIOT Innovations Pvt. Ltd, formerly known as KIOT Communications LLP, is a Hyderabad based startup, hell-bent on a mission and vision to make home automation insanely simple and perfectly productive. Their product, KIoT Red, a smart USB portable remote can help you handle and control your world beautifully to your need with a simple application on your smartphone. This product is one of the most optimal and affordable solutions to the pile of multiple remotes at your home or office as a problem. When asked Mr Sandeep Karnati, the CEO and Vijay Krishna Choleti, COO of KIOT Innovations Pvt. Ltd to describe their company in 5 words, they have chosen the most creative answer, “Konnecting IOT – Day to day”. The duo has put together their best team at work bringing in their product KIOT Red, that stand out from the existing crowd in the market. They work on “shaping future with scalable, interoperable and cost-effective IoT Solutions for everyone.”
Automation is something that every house and every family seeks to decorate their dream house with. Due to the ranging process and products, the concept of automation has still remained a complex and far-sighted dream for many people. “Automation today is out of reach for a common man and it is a costly affair for him today. We would like to make automation a truly intelligent and cost-effective one for everybody. After all who doesn’t like to get things done simpler and better,” is what Mr Sandeep Karnati had in mind while designing solutions for the automation dreams to come true.
KIOT Red has marked its market with exceptional features.
- KIOT Red can control nearly every IR controlled appliance available in Indian Market ranging from ACs, Setup Boxes, Home Theatre Systems, Televisions to Apple TVs, Blue-ray Players as well as other streamers.
- KIOT Red is built intelligently with a unique IR LED alignment that will help it give complete 360-degree coverage inside any room.
- KIOT Red can sense room temperature and control AC temperature according to user requirements.
- The same application is your master guide to watching TV in the best way possible. You can change your Television input, browse and change channels, control volume and also ask for a program guide on any of the channels on your television.
- It is Wi-Fi enabled and works on Wi-Fi network even without any internet at home, though a remote access to the device will still need internet.
- All the IR devices registered to KIOT Red works with Google and Alexa voice assistance as well.
The 26th annual summit organized by Hyderabad Software Enterprises Association (HYSEA) celebrated design and innovation startups marking KIOT Red the 2nd of the top 10 of Hyderabad’s Hot Startups, 2018. Alongside to being the 2nd hottest startup, they have received an undisclosed, yet fair amount of funding from the Angel Investor, Mr. B. Gopi Krishna hailing from Hyderabad. These two rewards are great motivations for any aspiring startup to boom. When asked the CEO and COO about their success measure after the inspiration being won already, they had said to us that, “HYSEA event is the first public appearance for us as a company and as a product, it has given a lot of hope and the future looks promising to the team. We have only showcased 1 product of our total products portfolio, and we still have managed to see a bit of success being nominated in the top 10 startups of Hyderabad.”
The funding that they have received definitely designs the future of the company to suffice their dreams and today’s requirements. Their say on the same is, “The current round of funding will ensure the release of all our products into the market in the next 3-6 months. Company shall also use a part of the funds received for its ongoing R&D to bring in more products and solutions into the market. You will see a lot more KIOT products in the next few months on shelves.” The team looks promising with their product and the future of automation stepping from being a dream to reality is slowly unfolding.