Is it possible to Hire The Best as a Startup10 months ago GR Reddy
Why this Question
Because, you start with a great Vision. Hence you need people who can translate vision into reality.
Ofcourse, without any doubt.
Who Fits in?
- People with Passion for Startup
- People who would like to contribute for growth
- People who wants to stay for long
- People who have diverse skill sets
- People with no or less EMI’s
- People if married ! the partner must be okay with such Entrepreneurial risk
- People who are in corporate and looking to start or wanting to be part of a start-up be a great source.
- Others…. Your choice
How do you get them?
There is no second best option than to be Loud and help the right person DISCOVER YOU
- Keep sharing your vision and problem that you are solving in various Social & Professional Media. People should be able to see your passion and commitment to your Idea.
- Share with everyone in your contact : Email/Phone/Whatsapp/Whatsapp Groups..
- Speak personally to all the specialists you know in IT, HR, Marketing, Operations etc., about your start-up and share what you are looking at.
- Participate in every professional Discussion related to your field of interest, so that you are discovered by others.
- Most important if possible attend every Professional Networking event and meet as many people… Be a first Bencher always… Finally “Don’t forget to Ask a Question to panel by introducing your idea”
- Find some mentors in the fields you are looking at and keep in touch. They would be a great source to refer the right fits.
Finally do more to be Lucky with your “Catch”
How to you Offer them?
- Definitely this is the most important aspects of decision. Assuming that people are the right fit as shared above.
- First Choice : If they participate with equity + hours of time for helping in a particular area.
- Second Best : Assess an expectation of cost. If can’t afford then try and plan for a Base that you can afford. Rest (Expected Cost – Base) can be treated as equity.
- If they are not senior team, in such case : Base + Outcome Based (Revenue Linked) – Select only if they are interested without any hesitation.
- Employees when you hire, you may look at an outsourced model with any agency who may provide all the benefits like PF, Medical etc., Because you would be able to match all benefits like any other large enterprise. Follow this model up to 20 people. Later setup your own statutory systems. Until then don’t get into HR Admin hassles.
Finally Is it possible to Hire The Best & Retain as a Startup?
Answer : Yes
Any questions? reach GR at gr(at)husys.com
GR is that Shameless Visionary of Husys Consulting Limited (Ticker: HUSYSLTD www.husys.com HR on Cloud ) the first HR Listed company in India. These inputs are purely the proven track of helping 1700 companies in 15 different Industries. Reach me of my team email@example.com for any support. Start-up’s are India’s future economy, let’s help them in every way possible. Join and contribute to the Mission to Help 5 Trillion Dollar Economy.