One of the most crucial aspects of a business is managing their IP – Intellectual Property. There are significant changes happening in the global IP environments in terms of legislation, court decisions, heightened regulatory scrutiny and more. Managing IP rights is of utmost importance for any business to have their competitive edge while nurturing innovations in the organisation.
To make businesses aware of their IP rights and also to empower them to come up with strategies to manage their IP, the APTDC (Andhra Pradesh Technology Development & Promotion Centre) is organising the 7th Edition of their annual flagship event IPEX, which has now been renamed as MIPCON: Conference & Exposition with theme as Managing IP Assets for Business & Academic Competence on 8-9 September 2016 at Hotel Taj Krishna, Hyderabad.
The event will be joined by Indian Patent office (IPO) and representatives from CIPAM, DIPP. Eminent speakers have been invited to participate and share their knowledge at this conference. The Conference offers a range of perspectives on the opportunities, the challenges, and the role of IP in the rapidly evolving marketplace. The conference proposes to cover the following areas in the technical discussions:
- Explore the issues on the interface of Innovation and IPR.
- Discuss whether grant of Patents are an end or it is the beginning of the challenge of the patent process.
- Understand how companies are maintaining knowledge based income it in their balance sheets as compared to tangible assets
- Bring out the trends globally on the issues of licensing, assignment and managing IP portfolios.
- Explores the practical alternative strategies available for innovators in managing their intangible assets
- Discuss on available legislative tools to protect CRIs and what can be the best way forward keeping in view emerging startup culture.
- Disseminate the current trends in Trade Secrets, which is gaining importance due to short innovation cycle and time consuming process patent and its practices
- Debate on Patenting trends Vs Patent Commercialization in emerging economies with reference to India, which has checks and balance.
- Understand how branding can be effective tool for monetization and strategies on ways to keep this goodwill profitable in proliferating business.
- Annual Event: 7th Edition; the only major IP Conference in Hyderabad
- 300+ Key Participants expected
- 10+ Exhibitors
- 9 Sessions
- 25+ IP Experts addressing the Conference
- Excellent networking opportunities to connect with companies in AP & Telangana
USPTO-GIPA and MHRD IP Chair, National Academy of Legal Studies and Research (NALSAR) are the partners for this conference and several eminent speakers have been invited to participate and share their knowledge. The Honorable Governor of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, Shri.E. S. L. Narasimhan will be chief guest for the Inaugural of Conference & Exhibition.
Discount for StartupHyderabad.com readers:
StartupHyderabad.com readers get a discounted price of Rs 1500/- inclusive of taxes. Please mention the reference code ‘SUPHYD50’during registration.
For more details about the conference and to register, please visit us www.mipcon.in