NewsDistill – Latest news, headlines and breaking stories on the go7 years ago Shalini B
Have you ever wished for a platform where stories on news, entertainment, other countries were all integrated at one place? Do you like the interstate stuff from Hindu, entertainment from Deccan Chronicle and headlines from Times of India?
Same was the case with Mr Narasimha Reddy, founder of this awesome app called Newsdistill.
“I always thought that different sources had different perceptions about the same incidents and that reflected in their articles. I could sometimes clearly infer that some news sources were biased towards a particular political or organizational group and I would always look for other channels to see what they have to say about the same incidents. So, I ended up with a lot of open windows on my laptop and at times it became very cumbersome. Yet, it was pretty difficult for me to find what I wanted.
I am also inclined towards a particular news source when looking for a specific Genre. Personally I like ‘The Hindu’ for headlines, ‘Deccan Chronicle’ for Entertainment, ‘The Economic Times’ for business needs and so on. Not that I am biased, but those were my personal choices and I am sure everybody would have their own choices too!
Having said that, I always wished that the related articles from different sources were grouped together at one place for me to read and compare. And all my personal preferences like news from different Genres from different sources were all organized at one place. I wished for something that would do all this for me with just one click every day. How awesome would that be! How much time would that save me! That’s exactly when the Idea behind NewsDistill first got planted.” quoted the founder of this startup.
NewsDistill can be viewed as a website or can also be downloaded on your android and iPhones. You are allowed to create your account on this platform, and then you can create your own personalized newsfeed – which means that you can add news articles and genres of your liking to it.
This platform is a news aggregator incorporated with innovative algorithms, Artificial intelligence, Machine learning and very deep analytics. We are integrating 30+ unique features in this application. The major highlights of this startup are –
- Quick Filters: You can filter news by Country (India/World), State, Language, Channels, Genres and Videos instantly. So that you can find what you are looking for in just 2 clicks
- Add your own preferences: You can customize the app using News Distill preferences. If you are looking for Sports news from a specific channel, Entertainment videos in a specific language
- Follows: Get instant updates from your favourite channels by following them. You can also follow a topic to get continuous updates from different sources related to it
- News grouping: News articles and videos from different sources on the same topic are grouped together so that user can read all of them at one shot
- Offline reading: News Distill saves the articles you have glanced at when you are online so that you can read them in your free time, even when you go offline
- Notifications: Stay up – to date with Newsdistill’s notification of latest news
- Share posts: Share the articles and news items that you like over social media pages
- Hot news: You’ll be on top of all the hot news from any location, source and language with just a glance at our home page. You can access all the important news on News Distill’s home page without having to spend much time
- Multilingual: Along with English, News Distill also supports multiple regional languages like Telugu, Hindi, Tamil, Malyalam, Kannada etc so the user can read news in the language he is comfortable in
The team of NewsDistill has 4 strong pillars –
- Narasimha Reddy – CEO and Founder. He is a genius in technology
- Vamsi – CoFounder and Director and is also a close adviser to Narasimha and was always with him since the beginning
- Bhaskar Reddy – Vice President, heading the marketing department
- Kalyan Srinivas – Director, leading the team at offshore as Narsimha and Vamsi live in the US
The app was officially launched on 2nd Dec. 2015, which was inaugurated by Mr. KTR (Kalvakuntla Taraka Ramarao) the IT & Panchayat raj Minister for the state and Mr. Jayesh Ranjan, IAS secretary of the stat for IT industry. Only in 2 months, this startup has already released their first stable version, available in Google play store. More than 1.2 Lakh downloads have been recorded. The website is able to gain more than 6 million page views in a month. Presently, the team is working on integrating the live scores feature and also working on IOS platform.
What’s keeping you waiting yet? Go to Google Play store of your Android phone now, and download this super cool news app. The app will soon be available for Apple users as well.