Why does an organization need exit interviews?2 years ago Guest - Sai Kumar
Employees come and employees go. But when there are many employees quitting in quick succession and the attrition graph is seen going up, it is time to worry. Exit interviews are held by every organization to ascertain the reason why employees are quitting. There could be several reasons behind it and exit interviews can help you identify the problem areas.
1. Information about your organization: Exit interviews help in gaining valuable information about your organization. An exit interview will give you the inside story of your organization and how it is functioning. It will also help you in knowing the behavior of other employees.
2. Experience for organization: Exit interviews will help you gain experience for organization. An exit interview will help you know the reason why people are quitting or why have they quit. This will help in giving organization an experience in hiring employees and keeping them happy.
3. Understanding faults or loopholes of company: Such an interview will help in knowing the loopholes of the organization. The ones conducting the interview can understand where the faults are and why are the employees not willing to stay any longer with the organization. The organization can then work towards employee satisfaction.
4. Opinions of exiting employees matter: You must not ignore the opinions of exiting employees because on their last day, they are likely to speak the truth about the organization. Thus, opinions of the outgoing employees are valuable and must be taken seriously.
5. Help in identifying problem areas/departments: Exit interviews can help in identifying problem areas and departments. If there is one person or people responsible for the unhappiness of other employees. Also, if there is not enough work in a department and there is no work satisfaction. This will also help in dealing with the issues.
6: Helps in bringing down attrition rate: Exit interviews will help in bringing down the attrition rate. This will help in addressing the problems immediately and prevent employees from quitting often.
This is a guest post writen by Sai Kumar, content strategist for The Egghead Creative. You can reach the author at email@example.com.