Be a part of “Girls In Tech Bootcamp” on power tools1 year ago Shalini B
All ladies who are or aspire to take up the entrepreneurial road – gear up! Girls in Tech – the global non profit organization is inviting student applications for leadership and entrepreneurship workshop. This workshop is organized by the non – profit endowment. It is backed by the Government of Telangana and co-hosted by the US Consulate General Hyderabad in association with Opportu Startup Innovation, USA and Pantas and Ting: Sutardja Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology), Berkeley Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, USA.
The 3 days – workshop is a boot camp which is going to be a mix of loads of interactive speeches, brainstorming sessions on case studies and workshop exercises. The participant women will get a chance to share their learnings and talk about their experiences while they enlighten others about their entrepreneur journey.
Apart from this, the women will get an introduction on entrepreneurship – which will include basics as well as in-depth sessions so they optimize their learning by taking an idea from the beginning stage through building and delivering a final pitch to experienced judges at the end of the Boot camp.
All through the boot camp, the ladies will use an online assessment tool – Berkeley Innovation Index. This tool will allow the participants to track their progress as they learn and change their mindset and behaviors over the course of the Boot camp. It will also benefit the hosts as they can see how the entire group increased their ability to innovate through their participation in the program.
What’s in for the participants?
All the participants will receive a certificate with an authorization of the US Consulate General Hyderabad, Government of Telangana and Opportu Startup Innovation, USA and Pantas and Ting: Sutardja Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology), Berkeley Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, USA.
Apart from certificates, selected participants will get an opportunity to get –
- Tickets to Girls in Tech Catalyst Conference USA in April (*Conditions apply)
- IBM (Tech partner) for the event
- May get to apply for IBM GEP free cloud credits and / or will get a mentoring session from IBM GEP
- Opportunity to get facilitated by Intellecap Advisory Services Private Limited for funding
Instructions for women entrepreneurs –
If you are an entrepreneur with a well-developed idea (you should have passed the idea stage and/or have already done, at minimum, significant customer validation), you will be invited to pitch your idea/company on the third day of the Boot camp. To be eligible for this, follow the steps –
- Participate fully in the group activities for all the 3 days
- The group you are in will decide on an idea to pursue, develop and pitch. They may decide to choose to focus on your idea, or they may decide as a group to work on a separate idea
- If your group chooses your idea, please be open to discovery of new ways of thinking by the group. Chances are, your company or idea will be that much stronger by the third day
- If your group decides to focus on a different idea from yours, you are still expected to participate fully in the group’s chosen idea
- In parallel to the group work, if you are going to pitch your own company idea on the third day, you need to apply the lessons of the Boot camp to your own pitch. You will need to work on your company pitch during your free time between Day One and Day three
- On Day Three, we will have specific judges rating the pitches of the more experienced entrepreneurs. Because you have had much more time to develop your idea, the pitches for experienced entrepreneurs will be held to a higher standard Best of luck with your pitch!
To be able to participate in this boot camp, you should –
- Have fluency in English language
- Should be able to attend the camp for all three days
- Application forms should be filled only online
- After receiving your application, GIT will assess your application. If you are selected, you will get an email stating the same
- Only one application may be submitted per applicant
Event Details –
- Venue: Haritha Plaza, Hyderabad, India
- Dates: November 14th-16th, 2016
- Time: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Application deadline: November 4th 2016
No participation fee. You need to fill the application online and pass the selection procedure to be a part of this bootcamp.
Click here to access the student’s application form.
Click here to access the women entrepreneur’s application form.
If you are planning to restart your entrepreneurial journey, click here to access the application form.