RETHINK -The need of the hour : TEDxHyderabad 20189 months ago Sruthi Malla
How to get a new perspective on an old idea?
Nothing complicated, just Rethink!
A child’s curiosity and thirst for new knowledge often gets lost in the transition to adulthood. This is especially true of adults who have been in the same career for a long time. Stability can turn into sameness, and the reliability can become predictable. You may get the occasional curveball thrown your way, like some new calendar application or accounting software, but that’s about it.
Success today requires the agility and drive to rethink, reinvigorate, react and reinvent constantly. We need to rethink the fundamental premises of schooling and decide what it is we want all children to learn and why. We need to rethink our position in the world and as an individual, what we should do to make this world a better place. It’s time to reset, rethink and reposition.
Rethinking gives you permission to use your thoughts to change your mind. Take what is and spin it around to give you a new review and fresh perspective” – Susan C Young
As a tribute to all those rethinkers, this year, the TEDx team chose the theme RETHINK. An Invite from their end is what we are extending to our Hyderabad startup community in their own words:
“Are you a contributor to a creative future or a survivor of history?
Do you have an unmet goal? NOW is the time to RETHINK your vision!
Have you lost an opportunity? NOW is the time to RETHINK your choices!
Be it any field of work, how far are you willing to go and RETHINK?
The need of the Hour? A powerful opportunity yet a challenge? Why Change? What drives you to be the change.#RETHINK”
- Meghana, an international award-winning Rhythmic Gymnast from India. Meghana was the only participant from India for Rhythmic gymnastics in the XXI Commonwealth Games 2018. She is highly dedicated and trains herself for nearly 6 to 8 hours daily, following her rhythmic passion.
- Harish Sadani, who runs an organization called Men Against Violence and Abuse (MAVA).His unique thought of bringing social equality of gender paved roots to many miraculous changes in the realm of feminism.
- Sanjay Tumma, better known as Vahchef, the famous youtube star with millions of views. He is also best chef honored with many international and national awards.
- Vijay Chadda, who has 45+ years of professional experience with 20 years, serving in the Indian Army. Under his leadership, the Satya Bharti School Program Bharti Foundation, provides free quality education to over 45,000 children from marginalized communities in rural areas, through its 254 schools across six Indian states.
- Sandeep Sangaru, who is a multidisciplinary designer and entrepreneur. He won several awards and accolades, including the Red Dot Design Award in 2009 (considered to be the Oscar of product design) and the British Council’s Young Creative Entrepreneur Award – Design for Social Impact in 2012. He worked to revive the lost craft of Pinjrakari and with Channapatna’s wood-and-lacquer artisans.
- Colleen Lightbody, She is known as “The Brain Guru” through her writing for blogs and magazines, as well as in television and radio interviews. Her area of expertise lies in Neuroscience, Mindfulness, Brain-based Learning, Personal and Professional Leadership, and Emotional Intelligence. Fighting against own weaknesses in her own life made her the master of mindfulness.
- Anshul Sinha, He has participated in more than 500 film festivals so far, winning more than 100 national and international awards, and continues to make an impact with his movies. His most notable movies are ‘Gateway to Heaven’ on human corpse trading and ‘Mitti – Back to roots’ on agrarian crisis and farmer suicides.
- Falguni Vasavada-Oza, A multidimensional Influencer, she holds a Ph.D. in Advertising and has been teaching for two decades in the area of Marketing and Advertising. She is currently a Professor at MICA and loves to analyze how brands grow through the power of communication. Dr. Oza is a strong believer in Gender Equality, Body Positivity, Women Empowerment, Work-Life Balance and Happiness as a Lifestyle and Motivation. She inspires to accept one’s body and always focus on creating a strong personality that goes beyond physical attributes.
That is quite an amazing list of speakers, and more RETHINKERS are yet to join this thoughtful clan. For more updates and news about TEDxHyderabad “Rethink” event watch this space.
Apply Discount code: StartupHyderabad for a special discount for our readers
Here is Glimpses of TEDxHyderabad 2017