Looking at the pace at which technology is developing, we all know robotics is going to be the ultimate development of technology. This technology will be developed in such a way that these machines aim at replacing lot of human efforts. Robots can be used in any situation and for any purpose, but today many are used in dangerous environments (including bomb detection and de-activation), manufacturing processes, or where humans cannot survive. Robots can take on any form but some are made to resemble humans in appearance. This is said to help in the acceptance of a robot in certain replicative behaviors usually performed by people. Such robots attempt to replicate walking, lifting, speech, cognition, and basically anything a human can do.
Observing the huge buzz of robotics soon becoming a reality, the startup community is getting to the city Asia’s largest robotics festival: The RoboFest. This fest targets to encourage people to spark automation, reduce the effort of human labor, tap artificial intelligence to the maximum, thereby creating a never before interactive experiences with robots. As of now, team Robofest has worked on over 10 functional robots, including one humanoid, which are sure to enhance the visitors’ understanding of robotics and their uses. This year, after the first successful year in 2015, the robo team is all set to emblazon with the propitious future of robotic India riveting international market space.
What’s going to be there at the fest?
The two days of the fest – 11th and 12th February 2016 are going to be power packed and is divided into different segments including –
- Robothon: One Robot after another, Robothon aims to run for delineate solution and build a better World. Robothon is structured to challenge 50 Real-time problem statements by participating teams. The problem statements are from agriculture, defense, home automation, industrial automation, ware house automation, fashion technology, health care etc.
- RoboFest: The Robofest envisions to unfasten future of India where we can proudly celebrate India as a robotic revolution. Across industries, automating processes through robot integration is on the rise and at Robofest, the team preserves to bring this fourth revolution of robot integration into India. Robofest is a festival of technology, a call for celebration. A celebration of solving devastating problem at national frontiers by robotic arm.
- Startup Awards: The Startups are solving many real time problems with their innovative technologies. To give them the best recognition, Robofest is introducing startup awards from this edition. All the startups which are impacting socially are eligible for this awards.
The Robofest is again going to have three different segments that include –
- Conference: There are going to be renowned speakers who have made significant contributions across the globe in related segments. The conference attendee is carefully selected after a thorough curation process.
- Expo: The expo will have diversified industries and startups presenting their innovation, thereby enabling best business exposure and market place visibility
- Interactive Robos: The Robofest visitors are going to experience interactive robots, RFID bands in place of ID cards, surveillance robots and food delivery robots. India’s tallest 32ft Giant robotic structure at robofest will be the major center of attraction.
The speakers and agenda list is yet to be finalized and will be out soon. You can have a look at them in a few days on the official website of Robofest.
When – 11th and 12th February 2016
Registration for different events are as under –
- Conference: The conference is priced at Rs. 5000 – apply for it here
- Expo: Entry to Robofest for 3days. Robothon pitching, expo area and Panel discussions lounge. Registration for it is Rs. 1000. Register for it here
- Exhibit: Come and exhibit at Asia’s largest robotics festival. Art is meant to be exhibited, so is technology. Robotics Festival will showcase splendid models of technology where you can experience great work and also join the festival by exhibiting your project. It’s going to be a never before experience. Register for it here