Startup Cricket League – Hyderabad3 years ago Shalini B
On December 5th 2015, startups in Hyderabad are going to ditch their office work a compete against each other in the stadium – all for the love of cricket!
Indians are crazy about cricket. The whole nation comes together to watch teams come and play the match. The support given to the teams and the way people rejoice once India wins a match, is a scene to behold. Different startup groups in Hyderabad are coming together to organise the Startup Cricket League and promote camaraderie among the awesome startups in Hyderabad through the medium called cricket.
Startup Cricket League is a first of its kind startup sporting event in India and the world. It aims to combine the energies of startups and spirit of sportsmanship through a cricket tournament. The motto of this league is solely to ditch the suit and tie for a day and pick up the bat and ball. Apart from cricket, there is also going to be conversations and pep talks with startup founders, investors and more! Emerging startups will also be given an opportunity to pitch their ideas in front of investors, audience, and other entrepreneurs.
The chief players (speakers) at the league are Ramesh Loganathan (MD, Progress Software), Ravi Korunkonda (Co-founder, XCube Labs), Sanjay Enishetty (Co – Founder, 50K ventures) and Viivek Verma (Co-founder, Anaptyxi People consult) and the rounds are given interesting names ; seed round (quarter finals) , angel round (semi finals) and venture round (finals).
- There will be 16 Startups participating in the league with a total of 22 matches and each match lasting 6 overs. There will be 16 mentors, each assigned with one startup as a coach
- Startup Talks: Small and big conversation with startup founders, investors and Q&A sessions while the players are at rest
- 30 Startups will be allowed to showcase their products and represent the Startup Ecosystem
- An informal post-event gathering to enable networking among everyone present
- If you are to be there as audience, you can buy the pass at prices ranging from Rs.100 – Rs.200
- If you are planning to join the game, you can register your team and book your ticket for the tournament. Every team should have six players. You can ask your family or friends to join you incase your startup doesn’t have a team of six people.
- If you wish to be there to showcase your ideas, register yourself and get your brand represented
You can be there either as an audience, a player or a startup that wishes to pitch in their ideas. The organisers are expecting more than 800 people to witness the league and are also giving an opportunity for 500+ students to interact with startups from the city.
Block your calendar :
When – 5th December 2015
Time – 09: 00 AM to 06:00 PM
Where – Kotla Vijay Bhaskar Reddy Indoor stadium, Yousufguda main road, Hyderabad
It’s on a Saturday! Mark your dates and make yourself free to witness this first ever cricket league! Let’s get together to play, learn and grow.