Telangana State Smart City Hackathon 2018 by Hackmania10 months ago Sruthi Malla
The Hackathon series is going to be hosted in 30 different colleges spread across 6 different cities, which also includes upcoming Smart Cities of Telangana i.e., Hyderabad, Ranga Reddy, Medchal, Warangal, Karimnagar, and Khammam.
The Telangana Smart City Hackathon 2018 is an exclusive Hackathon series for the engineering students of Telangana State, which aims to provide the opportunity to learn, connect with industry leaders during the process of developing the prototypes in Hackathon, for the problem statements identified by the Government Departments of Telangana.
Telangana Smart City Hackathon is an assembly of outstanding, experienced creators and entrepreneurs. They would be guiding and mentoring the participants throughout the process of generating new technology solutions for the problem statements. The selected participants(winners) will also receive continuous support from the Government, Hackmania and Industry Mentors in terms of skill grooming.
Mr. Jayesh Ranjan, IAS (Principal Secretary, Govt. of TS) on Telangana Smart City Hackathon 2018
What is Hackmania
Hackmania collaborates with various organisations to solve foreseen IT problems with the help of Technology and Rapid Prototyping. Hackmania organises hackathons using hackathon hosting platform i.e., Hackerbay.
Hackmania being a host of active developer community, network of experts, mentors & innovators. Govt. of Telangana has collaborated with Hackmania to conduct Telangana Smart City 2018 in association with TASK.
Purpose of the Hackathon
- Technological learning aligned to industry expectation.
- Overcome university’s limited exposure to coding practices.
- Awareness of the technology advancements in the industry
- Academic exposure vs. practical exposure
Structure of the Event
- 2 online challenges in each college
- 1 offline hackathon in each college
- Mentoring Session with Government Officials
- Mentoring Session with Corporates & Start-ups
- Finale with top 2 teams from each college
- Continuous support from the Government of Telangana and Hackmania