Upshot: Revolutionising User Experience For Mobile Apps4 years ago Saloni Anand
Every app publisher is daunted with the challenge of acquiring more users, retaining them and making some money out of them. Competition is fiercer than ever with more than 3 million apps in App Store and Google Play put together and with an astounding number of apps being added everyday, it goes without saying that an app publisher’s life is only going to get worse.
At the same time, user expectation is rising – thanks to the very few who are redefining user experience in the software industry. Netflix, for example, has set a benchmark on how intelligent software should behave, its way of ranking content, recommendation and personalisation definitely creates a magical experience for a user. However, not every app has the resources to be as intuitive and smart as this. To tackle this problem, a Hyderabad-based app development company has built a product that will change any app to a smart app. Introducing Upshot, a SDK (Software Development Kit) which, when integrated with an app, can deliver a magical experience to the end user, solving the problem of retention and engagement at the core.
What is Upshot?
Upshot is just an SDK – a piece of code that will sit with the app code in the app store when integrated with your app. The SDK will capture and track everything the user does on the app, the user profile data of the user and also pre-defined data like sessions. The SDK will check if the user lies in a particular segment and deliver targeted messaging or manipulate app UI, features and content accordingly. The excited Program Manager of Upshot, Narendra, says, “Our integrated approach to app marketing and analytics helps customers optimize and automate every stage of the app lifecycle to deliver more personalized experiences”
The Power Of Upshot
Upshot will let you track which channels are bringing in good quality users and also what exactly are these users using the app for. It can tell you the set of users who are likely to churn in your app in the next one week; you can then send a uniquely-crafted offer to this segment of users which not only brings them back to the app but also pushes them to be a part of the app for a longer time. You can also then track and monitor them through their customer journey. Here is how Upshot manages to do the above and a lot more:
- Analytics: Upshot analytics is as powerful as any mobile analytics platform. It also has a custom reporting panel where the publisher can define reports specific to the app.
- Segmentation: In Upshot you can create segments of user to any level. Consider for example, a segment of app users who live in Hyderabad, gender = female, age > 25 and < 35, clicked “add to cart” twice, had > 30 sessions. Upshot will let you go to any level of depth with its segmentation.
- Out-Of-The-Box Features: With Upshot, developers can skip developing few important features and instead use Upshot for that. For example, Notes and FAQ – Upshot’s Notes and FAQ features will let you push content without any App Store updates.
- Marketing Automation: Upshot has a huge list of actions that will let you communicate to a user in a very personalised manner – be it a push notification, survey, rating request or an offer. Upshot lets the publisher be very specific with regard to who gets the action and at what time, leading to better conversion.
- Predictive Suite: The Upshot predictive suite will answer the following for a publisher:
- Users likely to churn in next one week
- Users likely to spend for the first time
- Potential VIPs early in their life
- A good time or time interval to send an action
- The exact percentage to offer for maximum conversion
- Personalisation Suite: Use Upshot capabilities to transform your application into a highly intuitive digital assistant. You can now alter UI elements, switch features on and off or rank content intelligently based on any data captured by the SDK.
This product will help developers build the next generation app and publishers use advanced marketing to make the best out of their users. An Upshot powered app will learn the end user and optimise itself for the user. Everyone talks about personalisation but it’s one thing to send personalised messaging and another to let you personalize features, content and UI in an app specific to a user. Taking personalisation to the next level, Upshot will let you add out-of-the-box features that behave according to the context and past usage of the app. It will let you push a simple app to a new user with minimalistic design and features, and then add more features on the fly based on app usage. All of this and more will help publishers revolutionise user experience and in turn boost engagement, improve retention numbers and monetise to full potential.
Have an app or planning to have one? Get your app Upshot powered and see the magic work!