Urbserv: Handyman on Demand2 years ago Shalini B
Staying alone is a big deal! Handling home and maintaining it along with the busy chores of life can get quite challenging at times. Javed Faisal, Abhimanyu Parivartam and Manasa Danda having stayed abroad during the early phase of their life had begun to realize the importance that goes into maintaining homes. When three like-minded people met with one vision in mind, that’s when this amazing startup – Urbserv came into existence.
Urbserv wanted to revolutionize the way home services were being delivered. This startup aims at bridging the gap between service seekers and service providers. The service providers are verified and certified professionals, so the team ensures that quality service is provided to the customers at competitive prices.
Urbserv packages home services in easy to understand, all-inclusive and competitive pricing so there will be no surprises. Their Turn Around Time in serviceable areas is 30 minutes.
This startup provides the following services:
- Property Onboarding – Whether you require a complete home overhaul or just a simple face-lift, we can work to your budget and timeline.
- Handyman Services – From front gate, to backyard and everything in between – our handymen are here to help you, at your convenience
- Renovation Work – Our team makes it easy & affordable to transform from pain point to a fully operational and organized room
How does the service work?
The service is hassle free. As a customer, all you have to do is –
- Pick a service – Select a service, check the rates and book from a range of services like Carpentry, Painting, Plumbing, Deep cleaning, Electrical
- Book your service online – You will get a range of dates with the number of appointments available for that date (when you hover the mouse over that date)
- Pay after the work is done – it is not a prepaid service. You can avail the service and then pay by cash after the work is done. Hola!
About the team and idea generation
Javed Faisal is the founder of this startup while Abhimanyu Parivartam and Manasa Danda are the co – founders of this startup. The trio team is currently bootstrapped looking for funding to scale up to a new city and add more services.
The idea was coined after observing how difficult it was for customers to get reliable and prompt service at a reasonable price with utmost work satisfaction, even in metro cities like Hyderabad. All three of the founders come from different backgrounds having graduated from NITW. Before starting up, the founders worked at different MNCs as consultants and data analysts. What inspired them was the need to address issues relating to home improvement.
Present and Future:
Till date, the team has been successful in completing 240 projects, 12,500 repairs with 20 services provided leaving behind approximately 8000 customers satisfied. The future plan of the startup is to grow into a larger business, scale up into more cities. They are also going to hire interior designers, to do on-boarding and renovation works for properties, gated communities and start hotels. They have plans on tying up with more commercials.