WhatsDplan – Explore your city, Plan with friends & Book tickets4 years ago Shalini B
Tired of all the failed plans with friends because you don’t know where to go or because everybody just can’t agree on a single place to hangout? Well, this is the most common complain of every youngster claiming to meet friends rarely because there is “no good place to hang out”
Well! The notion here is wrong. Meeting up has become a less frequent affair not because there is “NO” place to hang out, but because you just can’t “FIND” a “good place and time for everyone” to meet up. This problem struck two friends Ramesh and Arjun from NIT Warangal and that’s when the idea for “WhatsDplan” was conceived.
When planning for a hangout/meetup there is a heavy dose of information that needs to be shared among people and needs a lot of coordination to consider everyone’s preferences to arrive at a final decision. This is when this App comes to the rescue – they are simplifying the way events & hangouts are planned by people. This startup aims to bring all the fun/entertainment verticals – restaurants, events, movies and local attractions onto a single platform and enable friends/groups to discuss, decide and book tickets/tables or buy deals/offers for groups. WhatsDplan has collaborated with Zomato for restaurant information and has a tie-up with EventsHigh, a Bengaluru based company, for events listing and booking.
How it all began:
“ Initially, Ramesh built an online diary and shared it with us. It was still in a nascent stage with good UI to start off. Though we had more features to add & improve the UX we did not see much commercial realisation. We had to drop the idea. And we were back to square one! We brainstormed for more ideas and decided to build an App, ‘A Mobile Tracker’ that will track user expenses, analyze moods based on songs/games played, track sleeping pattern, track daily mobile usage, analyse travelling pattern and capture user’s likes & dislikes based on Mobile Usage Data and give suggestions for improvement. As there were multiple things which could have been tracked, it was difficult to choose one important aspect to start with. We wanted other’s opinion to decide and nail down to one. We had to do a quick survey. It was then that we realised that we did not have a good, simple polling App for taking opinions from friends. And so, we decided to build a polling App. The idea that originated as a polling App merged with another problem friends face while planning an event or get together and eventually evolved into what we have today: an events/hangouts planner for friends, that will help users discover restaurants and events, discuss and decide with friends by chatting and voting and finally book tickets” says Arjun. He also adds , “Ramesh is handling the complete Product Development and I am working on the entire Business Development. We have been constantly supported by Bhanu and Anoop. Bhanu is Ramesh’s colleague from Adobe and Anoop is our classmate from NIT Warangal.”
By adding more fun zones, activity spots and movies for booking, they want to be an aggregator of information related to all the four verticals in various cities and are working for more tie-ups to pull-in more information. As they aggregate information, the discovery will become easy for the users. This app is, thus, a one stop solution to discover, discuss, decide & book.
Features of WhatsDplan:
- Create Hang out Plans: Discover new places to eat or find what’s happening around you. Start a plan by choosing a restaurant or an event and invite friends. Let the group discuss, decide and finalize a plan. Do not spend a lot of time to coordinate everything, let the App do it for you
- Decide quickly: The voting option will help you and your friends choose preferences quickly, on the go. View the preferences chosen by everyone at a single place, know who wants what and make quick decisions on where to go and when to go
- Book Tickets: The App lists events from Bangalore, Mumbai and Delhi currently. You can book event tickets as well.
- Create Groups: Create your own friend groups. This allows to make Group plans with saved Groups easier
- Event Based chat: The ‘Event Based’ chat in the App is a very handy feature with an ease of texting similar to WhatsApp. Also, other updates or notifications from friends are pushed as texts in the chat aimed to provide better context to everyone and helps to decide quickly
- Set Reminder: After a plan is ‘Finalised’ in the App, a reminder is automatically set in your phone using Google Calendar
“WhatsApp is to Chat with friends, WhatsDplan is to Plan with friends.”
Current Presence & future Plans:
Currently, WhatsDplan is live with restaurants and events information. In the future, the team is planning to add local attractions and movies to the list along with deals/offers available at restaurants or events or activities in the city.
No more clueless plans. No more hassle. Make it simple, fast and fun!